Château Mont Joly - A charming hotel
Charm, elegance, character, space…
Welcome to Château du Mont Joly, a charming hotel owned by Catherine and Romuald Fassenet.
A beautiful and large building, completely renovated, surrounded by a magnificent leafy park above the village of Sampans in Jura, and on the edge of the Côte d’Or.
The warm and attentive service. Modern décor in a historic setting: large windows, a large oak staircase to access the rooms, a dining room which overlooks the park and the kitchens, a breakfast room in the former château kitchen, lounges on the ground floor, a cellar adorned with blue and pink stones... Complete calm and comfort in an unusual setting.
History of the site
The Château du Mont Joly combines history, modernity and precious materials in perfect harmony.
With a pink façade and Italian-style columns, this building was built in the 18th century by a wealthy lawyer from Dole before being owned for many years by a large Franche-Comté family.
Falling into ruin, it was completely renovated and restored in the late 1990s.
Since 2007, Catherine and Romuald Fassenet have breathed a warm and endearing spirit into this wonderful hotel.
Languages spoken in the establishment
The rooms at Château Mont Joly
All the rooms have a magnificent view over the park, the swimming pool and the Saône Valley.
The continental breakfast is served from 8am to 10:30am. On offer: hot drinks, orange juice, yoghurts, white cheeses, other cheeses on request, cereal, bread, pastries, spread, jams, honey, deli meats, eggs, fruit salad...
The rooms all have:
- Digital safety deposit box
- Free Wi-Fi or internet connection
- 16:9 digital flat-screen TV with various foreign channels
- Direct telephone line
- Wake-up call service
- Additional bed available
- Bathroom, separate toilet, hairdryer, toiletries
- Free mineral water
- Air conditioning in some rooms
A moment of relaxation, rest and letting go...
Your stay at Château du Mont Joly**** allows you to relax and offers a real change of scenery.
Our guests appreciate the calm of the site, the beautiful swimming pool nestled in a green oasis, the magnificent leafy park and the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Sport and adventure-lovers will appreciate the various activities around the hotel:
Fitness trails, walks, line fishing, golf, horse riding centres, hot air balloon flights.
Treatments and massages are also available at the Château on booking.
- 12mx6m on-site swimming pool in the park (winter and summer)
- 2.5 hectare park with trees and over 100 different species
- Bocce ball
- 2.5km fitness trail below the park (jogging, mountain biking, walking)
- Hot air balloon flights from the Park
- Beauty treatments and massages in your room
- Wine tasting evening on booking
- Cooking course on request
- 3 km: Panoramic view of Dole from Mont Roland
- 10 km: Chaux Forest Horse Riding Centre or 25 km for Les Maillys (Côte d'Or)
- 10 km: Val D'amour Golf Course: 9 holes
For seminars :
- Team Building activities: please contact us.