Château Mont Joly - A charming hotel****
Charm, elegance, character, space…
Welcome to Château du Mont Joly****, a charming hotel owned by Catherine and Romuald Fassenet.
A beautiful and large building, completely renovated, surrounded by a magnificent leafy park above the village of Sampans in Jura, and on the edge of the Côte d’Or.
The warm and attentive service. Modern décor in a historic setting: large windows, a large oak staircase to access the rooms, a dining room which overlooks the park and the kitchens, a breakfast room in the former château kitchen, lounges on the ground floor, a cellar adorned with blue and pink stones... Complete calm and comfort in an unusual setting.
History of the site
The Château du Mont Joly**** combines history, modernity and precious materials in perfect harmony.
With a pink façade and Italian-style columns, this building was built in the 18th century by a wealthy lawyer from Dole before being owned for many years by a large Franche-Comté family.
Falling into ruin, it was completely renovated and restored in the late 1990s.
Since 2007, Catherine and Romuald Fassenet have breathed a warm and endearing spirit into this wonderful hotel.
The rooms at Château Mont Joly****
All the rooms have a magnificent view over the park, the swimming pool and the Saône Valley.
The continental breakfast is served from 8am to 10:30am. On offer: hot drinks, orange juice, yoghurts, white cheeses, other cheeses on request, cereal, bread, pastries, spread, jams, honey, deli meats, eggs, fruit salad...
The rooms**** all have:
- Digital safety deposit box
- Free Wi-Fi or internet connection
- 16:9 digital flat-screen TV with various foreign channels
- Direct telephone line
- Wake-up call service
- Additional bed available
- Bathroom, separate toilet, hairdryer, toiletries
- Free mineral water
- Air conditioning in some rooms
A moment of relaxation, rest and letting go...
Your stay at Château du Mont Joly**** allows you to relax and offers a real change of scenery.
Our guests appreciate the calm of the site, the beautiful swimming pool nestled in a green oasis, the magnificent leafy park and the beauty of the surrounding countryside.
Sport and adventure-lovers will appreciate the various activities around the hotel:
Fitness trails, walks, line fishing, golf, horse riding centres, hot air balloon flights.
Treatments and massages are also available at the Château on booking.
- 12mx6m on-site swimming pool in the park (winter and summer)
- 2.5 hectare park with trees and over 100 different species
- Bocce ball
- 2.5km fitness trail below the park (jogging, mountain biking, walking)
- Hot air balloon flights from the Park
- Beauty treatments and massages in your room
- Wine tasting evening on booking
- Cooking course on request
- 3 km: Panoramic view of Dole from Mont Roland
- 10 km: Chaux Forest Horse Riding Centre or 25 km for Les Maillys (Côte d'Or)
- 10 km: Val D'amour Golf Course: 9 holes
For seminars :
- Team Building activities: please contact us.